Choosing the style of funeral
Once you have settled on a choice of celebrant to lead the funeral, you will need to think about the overall style of the funeral you are planning.
When it comes to choosing the right style of funeral for your loved one, it can feel like there is an overwhelming choice of options. In our experience, most people find it useful to establish a broad idea of the sort of funeral they want, before considering the details.
With that in mind, we hope you will find the following pointers useful, and please remember we’re always here to help and offer advice.
Additionally, we would not want you to feel over-whelmed by words like traditional, contemporary or eco, green or environmentally-friendly, as all of these can apply to the funeral you choose.
- All of our coffins and caskets are certified by the FFMA to ensure they meet the highest standards and are kind to the planet
- Choose from our range of coffins made from timber, cardboard, willow, banana leaf, seagrass and water hyacinth to name but a few
- All crematoria are different. We can help you choose which crematorium will best suit your needs
- There are a range of cemeteries and churchyards locally where a burial can take place and the styles of grave available in each will be different
- Woodland or natural burial is increasingly popular and we can advise on the different locations nearby or further afield where this is possible
- Our level of involvement can be as much or as little as you’d like
- You may wish to invite those attending to wear a particular colour.